Saturday, August 11, 2007

Etail 2007

This week I attended Etail 2007 as a representative for my company B&H. Etail is an electronic retailing industry conference. I went with the goal evaluating Live Chat vendors, but there were none in attendance. None-the-less, the conference was not a complete loss because I continued to build my network and deepen existing relationships.

I reconnected with Andy, the founder & CEO of a B&H affiliate, PowerReviews. I also met Cathie a marketer for the company. They are a great group of people to work with; I’m glad they have a great product to boot.

I met three others worthy of note. Two, Cynthia and Paul, work for Amazon.com in the Electronic/wireless division. Both are very nice people that want B&H to participate as a merchant in Amazon’s marketplace. For the time being, Management feels that although the deal could make a lot of money, the opportunity costs are to great to participate.

The third person worthy of note is Michele. She is a director in the web division of a mid-market direct-response music retailer and publishing house. We met on the Amtrak platform waiting for the train home, sat together, and talked the whole ride home. She is a very nice woman that helped the train ride fly by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alan,
Good to meet you at the show.